All trial and defense lawyers have their own views concerning what characteristics "good" experts possess. However, most would likely agree that good experts:
1. Are qualified through education, training, and experience to render credible opinion testimony.
2. Will give an honest, well-thought out professional opinion.
3. Will give your case the necessary attention and priority.
4. Are available to meet with you to discuss your case.
5. Are able to articulate their beliefs.
6. Will assist throughout the litigation process.
7. Will charge reasonable fees for their professional services.